Library Card/Circulation Information
Library Cards and Registration
Please bring your library card with you to the library.
To register for library card, you can fill out an application online (click here) or at the library.
- All residents of Ogden, rural Ogden, Boone County and communities contractiging witht he library are considered ot be patrons and our customers. Patrons are issued library cards for free. There is a $1.00 fee for replacement cards.
- Newly issued cards expire 3 years from the applicaiton date. For patrons with older issued cards, you may upgrade to the new cards for $1.00.
- You can apply for an individual or family card. Children may also apply for a card with their parent or guardian's permission. The parent or guardian will be responsible for any fees or fines accrued on the child's card.
- Personal account holders/responsible adult on a child's account are responsible for any items checcked out on their account and any fines or fees accrued. Patrons are expected to comply with the library's policies and procedures.
- Patrons with valid library accounts may request items to be held for them; requests will be added to the reserve list in the order they are received.
- If a libary card is lost or stolen, please notify the library immediately. Once the library is notified, no materilas will be loaned against that card.
- Check out periods for library materials are calculated on calendar days.
- Books, audio books, DVDs and magazines: 2 weeks with 2 renewals.
- Cake Pans: 2 weeks with a $2 refundable deposit.
- Interlibrary Loan items are to be returned by the time the lending library has set. Renewals for these items are decided by the lending library.
- Materials may be renewed or reserved over the phone, in person or online unless the material is reserved for another patron.
- We have a book drop outside the library for you to use if returning materials during the hours the library is not open.
- Please return all DVD's inside the library. DVDs have an overdue fine of $1.00 per DVD per day late.